(At his desk) Starts off in 2009 with the main character mining Bitcoin, each is worth $130. His wife asks why he is bothering with Bitcoins. Both are living in the London Dockland, in a small 1 Bedroom flat. James (the main character) spends his time mining Bitcoin using his GPU to solve algorithms. The Bitcoin is stored on his hard-drive. Jane (his wife) asks why he doesn’t get a real job instead of something so unreliable. James still believes that Crypto currencies are the future and wishes his wife would stop nagging him.
(His bedroom) Skips forward to 2013 when Jane throws away the hard-drive containing the Bitcoin one day when she is cleaning the house, and saw a good opportunity to get rid of it. James comes home and cannot find the hard-drive. Jane tells him she threw it out as she was sick of him wasting his time. James had dedicated so much time to this he decided to split with his wife.
(Flashback to throwing it out) Skips again to 2017, Bitcoins are worth $11,350 each. The main character searches for hard drive then remembers throwing it out. He visits the landfill, and after many hours of searching he find the hard-drive.
Jane sees him on the news and realises her mistake.
EDEXCEL LEVEL 3 BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA INTERACTIVE MEDIA
This section to be completed by the Learner
Learner Name: Charlie Green
Centre Name: Kingston College
Centre Number: 14413
Specialist Area: Interactive Media & Digital Design/Games Design
Signature: Date: 15/03/18
For your Project Proposal you must provide an outline brief of your Final Major Project. This brief will normally be of your own choosing. Where the brief is set by your tutor, or where you are working on a group brief (with other Learners), please make sure that you cover how you will respond individually to the brief and/or your individual responsibilities/contribution to the work of the group.
Your Project Proposal must be produced as a focused outline brief:
• A 2D animation about Crypto Currency.
• I will be creating a 2D animated story about a man who invests in Bitcoin early and then prior to Bitcoin’s value fluxuation in value throws out the hardrive the Bitcoin is saved on, losing him $60 million on ROI. Based on a true story, this will also show how Cryptocurrencies have changed through the years leading up to modern day. It will start with a man with Bitcoin saved onto his hardrive, which at the time is invaluable, who accidently throws out his hard-drive with all the Bitcoin saved on it. As time goes on, it becomes the leading cryptocurrency at a $14,000 high on the stock market making him a millionare from his previous investment, so he goes to search the landfill in which it would’ve beens located. In the end he doesn’t find it but his values change and he isn’t bothered by it. My animation will be around 5 minutes long. Influences, starting points and contextual references
(Guide: 100/150 words)
• I started off by searching my keywords into google images, which were Modern Times, Change and Values. I wrote down anything relatable in the images and then started to form an idea with what i had. I decided to choose a story based around Cryptocurrencies because it linked to all words. It is a currency because it has value, and it links to modern times as it shows societies conversion to more online based alternatives of normal goods and services, such as shopping (E-commerce stores) Food, (home delivery services on mobile applications e.g Uber Eats), and also currencies, (with online based currencies seeing increasing popularity as a more universal source of value exchange). The main character of my story also changes his moral Values in the end. To help me I will create moodboards and reference the true story on which this is based.
(Guide: 50/100 words)
• Intended techniques, media, processes
• Timescales (an action plan is essential)
(Guide: 50/150 words)
• I will create a google form for others to give constructive criticisms, and ask for the opinion of my peers. I’ll also ask for any advice from teachers on how I can make improvements. Finally, as I go along, I will compare how it is turning out to my original idea, and see if I like any changes or need to rethink them.
(Guide: 50/100 words)
Your Project Proposal must be not less than 250 word, Aim to have more than 500 words.
Youtube – I think it has a good layout because the first thing you see is a list of recommended and trending videos. Down the left hand side of the page is a section called “Best of Youtube” which has different categories such as Music, Sports and Films.
Kendra Haste – The first thing that’s shows up is an almost full screen photo of her work which draws the viewer in with its bright colours. At the top of the page it says “Kendra Haste” and then underneath that it has different tabs such as About, Sculptures and Drawings. When you click of one of these it brings you to a page with a list of images and information on them.
I started off by doing a character design in my sketchbook and then scanning it into illustrator to trace over. Once I had the character look I transformed it into a sprite I could use in a side scroller game.
To do this I got a basic running animation sequence to use as a base to trace me character onto.
Once I had done this I experimented to see which colours go well together, and with different styles for example with or without outline.
This is the design I settled with in the end as I think it looks good with no outline but shadows on the limbs at the back to make it look 3D. I also think the colours go well with each other, as it looks like how an actual school boy could dress and it shows each body part clearly.
After I had my final character design I traced him onto all of the animation sequence parts and then put them all into a GIF on photoshop.
A mobile app is a computer programme designed to run on a mobile device such as a phone/tablet or watch.
Mobile applications often stand in contrast to desktop applications that run on desktop computers, and with web applications which run in mobile web browsers rather than directly on the mobile device.
The first public cellular phone call was made by Martin Cooper of Motorola on 3rd April 1973 in a publicity stunt in New York. There would be another ten years of R&D however before the first cell phone would hit the market. The DynaTAC 8000X weighed in at around 2 pounds, cost $4,000 and didn’t run any apps.
The first recognisable apps came with Psion’s range of handheld computers – mostly PDAs – that used the EPOC operating system. First released in the early 90s the sixteen bit machines (SIBO) which ran EPOC allowed users programmes such as a word processor, database, spreadsheet and diary. Later models in the range, running a 32-bit OS, would come with up to 2MB RAM and allow users to add additional apps via software packs (or via download if you were lucky enough to own a modem). EPOC, which was programmed in OPL (Open Programming Language) and allowed users to create their own apps, would later form the backbone of the Symbian operating system.
The first recognisable apps came with Psion’s range of handheld computers – mostly PDAs – that used the EPOC operating system. First released in the early 90s the sixteen bit machines (SIBO) which ran EPOC allowed users programmes such as a word processor, database, spreadsheet and diary. Later models in the range, running a 32-bit OS, would come with up to 2MB RAM and allow users to add additional apps via software packs (or via download if you were lucky enough to own a modem).
EPOC, which was programmed in OPL (Open Programming Language) and allowed users to create their own apps, would later form the backbone o
The game is set in current time,
You play as Shaq, who is a student at what was until recently a normal school. During the past few months, however, students have started to vanish and no one knows why. One day his friend Asnee is summoned to the headmistresses office by the maths teacher, midway through his class, although he had done nothing to break school rules. Starting to get suspicious, Shaq follows them both at a distance so as to not get caught. Once the maths teacher has escorted Asnee, he disappears into one of the surrounding classrooms and the coast is clear for Shaq to move closer. As he nears, he hears a strange assortment of sounds coming from inside *gobbles*. Afraid of what he is going to see, he puts one eye up to the keyhole. As he had feared by the sounds, the headmistress had eaten Asnee, just a leg remained. The worst part however, was that she had transformed into an ogre, and had many other body parts laying around! Horrified, Shaq decides to go and get help, however just as he is straightening up, he feels a hand on his shoulder. He whips around to see the maths teacher had returned, and he had horns sprouting from his head! A sudden realisation hits Shaq, all of the teachers are monsters and are working together to eat all of the students. He ducks into a classroom and hides, he must get past them and alert the authorities.